Sunday, March 18, 2012

More home school updates...and our little break!

I know in my last post that I didn't want to use a pre-made curriculum and workbooks, well I stand by that decision (at least the workbook part). After becoming increasingly frustrated with my son's math (the only workbook we have been using), I have decided to use Moving Beyond the Page, a hands on curriculum that uses a unit study approach.  For math I am going to try Right Start Math. We should be getting both of these in the mail soon, so I will let you know how it is going! We did a unit on habitats last week and ended it with a fun field trip to our local state park. Next week we are going to study Ireland, a field trip to visit Dollywood's Festival of Nations is being planned in the near future! We decided to take a week off from lessons (a early Spring break) and visit a waterpark resort in the Smoky Mountains! We also visited the Wonderworks museum!  We had a blast!





No comments: